Spreading the Twitter Love
In 2009, many learned about Twitter for the first time. Some embraced Twitter both personally and professionally. It became a household name. Others ran from Twitter as they either didn’t understand it or thought it would be a fad that would disappear.
Finally, traditional advertising is embracing Twitter. Businesses have huge followings and couples are getting engaged through Twitter marriage proposals.
To be successful on Twitter, you need to spread the Twitter love.
Just how do you spread the Twitter love with someone you have never met “in real life?”
It goes back to the old saying, “In order to have a friend, you must be a friend.” The same holds true for social media and social networking.
Today is #FollowFriday and a perfect day to love one another. Here are a few simple tips to become a rock-star tweeter:
- Follow people back if you find they are interesting.
- Thank people for following you.
- Retweet. The shortened version is to add RT before someone else’s tweet. It’s Twitter’s way of paying it forward.
- Retweet others and they will find you twitter-friendly and return the favor.
- Add simple Retweet buttons to your blog. I use Tweetmeme which is a combination counter and easy button for someone to add your article’s link to their twitter stream.
- If you have an important tweet to share, add “Please RT” before your tweet. The twitterverse loves to help out a friend.
- Remember your friends on Fridays with #FollowFriday or #FF so they can get more followers.