On Sunday, March 4, 2012, join me at Book Savvy 2012, a full day of book promotion, social media marketing, publishing and publicity options in Los Angeles.
This annual event, produced by the Los Angeles chapter of the Women’s National Book Association will help aspiring writers and published authors learn everything they need to know to be successful in the digital age of publishing.
It’s an honor to be the moderator at the first session in the morning program, Book Promotion and Publicity, where you’ll learn how to become a professional speaker; the art of social media for authors including Twitter, Facebook, blogging, Google+ and Pinterest; how to promote your book and brand; and learn about using video for book promotions and trailers.
The panelists include:
- Liora Mendeloff, founder of Women’s Speakers Association
- Erin Reel, writers coach and editorial consultant
- Lon Levin, an expert on book trailers and promotional graphics.
Our panel will be held at 9:15am – 10:15 am.
Other sessions include:
- Pre-Program Pitch Prep Session, 7:30am – 8:30am (*$25 extra)
- Learning to Self-Publish, 10:45am – 11:45am
- Lunch, 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- Pitch Your Book to Agents & Producers, 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Literary Agent Panel, 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- eBooks and Apps: Where Technology and Publishing Intersect, 2:45pm – 3:45pm
The event will be held at the Marina del Rey Hotel, 13534 Bali Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292. Parking is free at the event and includes a light breakfast, coffee, snacks, and Italian buffet lunch, and dessert.
PICK MY BRAIN!
CONNECT WITH US!
Thank you again for doing such a terrific job speaking at my Writer's Program seminar at UCLA Extension on how writers can build their brand and establish their presence on the Internet. The students thought you were terrific and greatly appreciated you sharing your time and considerable expertise.
~Linda Marsa, journalist and instructor, UCLA Extension