Last week, I had the opportunity and privilege to be a presenter on using social media to create brand loyalty at the Internet Dating Conference. The conference coincided with the Social Networking Conference in Beverly Hills.
Several members of Google led a 3-hour presentation on the use of Google tips, the Google Content Network, Google TV, and the mobile landscape.
Google shared some statistics on their study of online videos. Some of the statistics about video included:
- 46% said that video helped them learn more
- 35% said video provided them with information on where to sign up for services and offerings
- 25% said video introduced them to sites they didn’t know about
Other tips from Google included:
- Participate in online communities and social media thoughtfully
- Make sure others are talking about you and are linking to you
- Put video advice on your YouTube channel and get others to subscribe
YouTube statistics are off the charts:
- More than 1 Billion videos are viewed daily
- YouTube is the 4th largest site on the Internet
- 448 Million unique global users
- 20 hours of videos are uploaded each minute
- YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world (second to Google)
- Internet users spend more time on Facebook and YouTube than any other sites
The key takeaways from the Google presentation were that online video represents a huge opportunity to reach your customers with a new compelling format. Track your success with YouTube insights, create a call-to-action, and make YouTube your home.
If you are interested in learning how Social Media and More can help you with your video strategies, we’d like to hear from you.
Has video changed the way you do business? We’d like to hear your comments and thoughts.
PICK MY BRAIN!
CONNECT WITH US!
Just got home from the Women's National Book Association Convention...Julie, your speech was sensational! You gave us all so much valuable information about the world of social networking that the audience couldn't write fast enough...me included! You are a great speaker that provided so much "hands-on" information that you left us all wanting more. I'm excited to learn that you are now offering social networking bootcamps. I will be taking the 3 hour course in just a few weeks. Thanks so much for helping all of us navigate our way through the new world of social networking BRAVO!