Today, November 1, 2010 is National Author’s Day. Unlike 60-years ago where most authors didn’t have the tools to promote their books, today, every author needs a social media marketing plan.
National Author’s Day was originally adopted by the General Federation of Women’s Clubs in 1929. Twenty years later, the U.S. Department of Commerce added it to their calendar. If authors had the ability to use social media back then, they would have been more successful.
As an author of a bestselling book, I’d like to both celebrate this holiday with my fellow authors and more importantly talk about the benefits of social media marketing for authors.
1. Social Media can make your book a bestseller. It happened to me and it can happen to you.
2. Social Media can help build momentum prior to your book’s launch.
3. Social Media will help you create new relationships with like-minded authors who will help promote your book.
4. Social Networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Linkedin and others give you free access to promote your book.
5. Book sites such as Amazon allow you to post your video, blog, and provide information about yourself and your upcoming book signing events and appearances.
6. There are many blogs dedicated to writers and authors who are happy to do book reviews of your title or a blog book tour.
7. Internet radio show geared towards your topic or niche will be happy to have you as a guest on their program.
For more help with Social Media for Authors, please contact us at Social Media and More, where we can help you decide on publishing solutions, create book trailers, and help create your personality and brand on the Web.
PICK MY BRAIN!
CONNECT WITH US!
I spent the day with Julie from Social Media and More and I’m so excited about everything it’s going to do for my business. We updated Facebook, Twitter, and made an amazing video that makes the hair stand up on my arms. I learned so much. It was an amazing day. Thanks Julie!
The Divorcée Sale